Neck Pain Relief Woodland Hills
There are many common causes of neck pain. If you have neck pain, some common causes include:
- Whiplash- Whiplash is a hyper-flexion / hyper-extension injury often resulting in damage to the connective tissues of the neck. Whiplash is usually associated with motor vehicle accidents.
- Herniated Disc – A herniated disc or slipped disc is a bulge in the disc material between the vertebral segments which results in an increase in pressure in the spinal and/or lateral canal.
- Pinched Nerve – A pinched nerve is a non-specific condition in which one or more nerves in the neck are not working / functioning properly.
- Myofascitis – Myofascitis is an inflammation of a muscle/fascia and refers to pain originating from neck muscles that are in spasm.
- Neck Strain – Neck strain refers to pain in the tendon of a neck muscle usually resulting from over-stretching or over-use of the muscle.
- Arthritis (spondylosis) – Arthritis (spondylosis) is a term referring to the degeneration of the joints of the neck resulting in a decrease of space between the vertebra and neural canal.
- Incorrect Posture – Incorrect posture, repetitive postures, hunching forward, and falling asleep on sofas and chairs cause neck pain.
- Stress – Stress can place an inordinate amount of weight on just one or two neck muscles.
When to Seek Neck Pain Relief
When do you need to visit Elite Sports Medicine, Woodland Hills chiropractor, to provide neck pain relief? Some signs that you should be seen by a chiropractor:
- Difficulty carrying or lifting objects.
- You’ve had an injury that causes a change in your appearance, i.e., tilt or inability to straighten your neck.
- Neck pain that occurs at night or while resting.
- Neck pain that persists beyond a few days.
- Inability to perform normal range of neck motion.
- Swelling or bruising around the neck.
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth.
- Any other unusual symptoms.
How Your Woodland Hills Chiropractor Can Provide Neck Pain Relief
As holistic practitioners, chiropractors place the focus on the body as a whole rather than focusing on your neck pain alone. By examining your lifestyle, daily activities, diet and exercise we are able to not only identify the symptoms causing your neck pain discomfort, but also the causes of your neck pain. This integrated approach helps determine the best and quickest treatment protocol.
We, as a uniquely qualified Woodland Hills chiropractor, are uniquely qualified to restore the health of your joints, muscles, nerves and connective tissues. Chiropractic techniques focused on your neck may relieve the pressure that is causing your neck pain. After locating the misaligned joint in your neck, we manually apply gentle pressure and reposition the joint to its proper joint mechanics. These chiropractic adjustments can help restore alignment, improve mobility, and relieve neck pain, swelling and stiffness.
Oftentimes, as we do for back pain and numbness and tingling in the arms and legs we apply a variety of therapeutic modalities to neck pain relief in conjunction with the chiropractic adjustment. These may include moist heat, ice packs, electro-therapy, ultrasound, massage, traction, stretching and strengthening exercises.