Foot Pain Relief Woodland Hills (Plantar Fasciitis)
Plantar Fasciitis pain is the pain you feel from inflammation of the plantar fascia tissue which is located at the bottom of the foot. This band of connective tissue forms the arch of the foot. Plantar fasciitis is oftentimes more painful in the early hours of the day and makes walking more difficult.
There are many common causes of Plantar fasciitis pain. If you have plantar fasciitis pain, some common causes include:
- Foot arch problems – Whether you have flat feet or a high arch, both contribute to adding tension to the plantar fascia and thus, pain in the foot arch.
- Long distance running – Long distance running can create constant compression of the foot arch which increases the plantar tension.
- Obesity – Obesity puts more weight on joints, muscles and connective tissue. More weight being absorbed by the plantar fascia increases the fascia tension.
- Sudden weight gain – More weight being absorbed by the plantar fascia increases the fascia tension.
- Tight Achilles tendon – Tension in the Achilles tendon increases the tension on the plantar fascia.
- Shoes with poor arch support – Poor shoe support does not allow the arch of the foot to rest.
- Heel Spur – A heel spur is an irritation of the plantar fascia which causes inflammation.
When do you need to see Elite Sports Medicine, Woodland Hills chiropractor, about your plantar fasciitis pain? When some of the following signs appear:
- Difficulty walking or getting around.
- Injury that causes a change in your appearance, i.e., turned out/in foot.
- Plantar fasciitis pain that occurs at night or while resting.
- Plantar fasciitis pain that persists beyond a few days.
- Inability to perform normal range of foot motion or daily tasks.
- Swelling or bruising around the foot.
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth.
- Any other unusual symptoms.
How Your Woodland Hills Chiropractor Provides Plantar Fasciitis Pain Treatment
As holistic chiropractic practitioners, we place the focus on the body as a whole rather than focusing on your foot pain alone. Like we do for neck pain relief, shoulder pain relief, low back pain relief, and numbness and tingling in the arms and legs, we examine, in-depth, your lifestyle, daily activities, diet and exercise so we can identify the symptoms causing your foot pain and the causes of the plantar fasciitis. This integrated approach helps determine the best and quickest plantar fasciitis treatment protocol.
Chiropractors are uniquely qualified to restore the health of your joints, muscles, nerves and connective tissues. Chiropractic adjustments and techniques focused on your foot may relieve the tension that is causing your plantar fasciitis pain. After locating the misaligned joint in your foot, we manually apply gentle pressure and reposition the joint to its proper joint mechanics. These adjustments can help restore alignment, improve mobility, and relieve foot pain, swelling and stiffness.
Oftentimes, we apply a variety of therapeutic modalities in conjunction with the adjustment. These may include moist heat, ice packs, electro-therapy, ultrasound, massage, traction, stretching and strengthening exercises.