Elbow Pain Relief Woodland Hills
Elbow pain can be associated with a number of different conditions. The most common cause of elbow pain in adults is tendonitis, which is an inflammation to the connective tissues that attach muscle to bone. Like most of the joints of your body, inflammation is the main contributory factor in elbow pain.
Causes of Elbow Pain
- Tennis Elbow Pain – tennis elbow pain is an inflammation of the lateral or outer tendons of the elbow. Tennis elbow pain is usually caused by overuse injuries or sports that involve the use of a racquet. The medical term for this problem is Lateral Epicondylitis.
- Golfers Elbow – golfer’s elbow pain stems from an inflammation of the medial or inside tendons of the elbow. It is usually caused by overuse or golf. It is in some ways similar to tennis elbow. The medical term for this problem is Medial Epicondylitis.
- Elbow Bursitis – elbow bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa or fluid fill sack that is responsible for cushioning the elbow joint. Elbow bursitis can be acute or chronic.
- Arthritis in the Elbow – Elbow arthritis is a painful inflammation and stiffness of the elbow joint which is caused by the deterioration of the articulation of the joint.
- Elbow Sprain – An elbow sprain is an injury to one or more ligaments of the elbow joint. Elbow sprains most commonly occur when the elbow is hyperextended as can happen in a fall on an outstretched arm.
- Ulnar Never Entrapment – ulnar nerve entrapment is the sensation one gets in what is more commonly known as the “funny bone”. The “funny bone” nerve travels between the inside of the elbow and the point (olecranon) and when it gets pinched, you will often feel numbness and tingling in the hand.
How Your Woodland Hills Chiropractor Can Provide Elbow Pain Relief
Elite Sports Medicine can provide elbow pain relief. As Woodland Hills chiropractors, we look at your overall health, focusing not only on immediate elbow pain relief, but also on your lifestyle, such as diet and amount of daily exercise. This integrated approach to elbow pain relief helps determine the best treatment moving forward. To help identify the cause of your elbow pain, we will discuss your symptoms and previous injuries, your family health history, and your lifestyle, including recreational and work related physical activities.
We are uniquely qualified to restore the health of your elbow, spine, neck and extremities. Special Woodland Hills chiropractic techniques may relieve the pressure that is causing your elbow pain. After locating the misaligned vertebrae in your neck, we manually apply gentle pressure and reposition the vertebrae. These chiropractic adjustments can help restore alignment, improve mobility, and relieve pain and stiffness.
We may recommend other types of treatment to provide elbow pain relief. These may include moist heat, ice packs, massage, traction, or stretching and strengthening exercises. We can discuss these with you.