Car Accident Whiplash Chiropractors
If you’ve suffered whiplash as a result of a car accident, our car accident whiplash chiropractors can help you. We specialize in relieving pain from personal injuries.
1. The only symptom is not pain: The neck, upper back and shoulder region are most often associated with whiplash injuries. However, whiplash injuries often present with symptoms such as headaches, numbness and tingling in the arms, difficulty swallowing, nausea, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, blurred vision and tinnitus (ringing of the ears). These whiplash symptoms from a personal injury often take time to present, as well. If you are not symptomatic after the first few days of a post whiplash type accident, it is still wise to seek treatment because many of these symptoms don’t manifest until days, weeks, or even months after your accident.
2. Accidents at low speeds can cause neck injuries: It is well documented that motor vehicle accidents at speeds of 5-10 mph can create enough G-force to injure the soft tissues of the neck and upper back. Other key factors are the size/weight of the vehicles, the speed differential, where your head restraints are located, direction of the impact, seat and seat belt mechanical failure, and much more.
3. Just because your vehicle is not damaged does not mean you’re not.Low speed accidents can cause bodily injury and leave your vehicle with minimal damage. The amount of vehicle damage may have little relation to the injury sustained by the occupants. If your car does not crumble in the accident, the G-force is transferred MORE to you than to the car. Therefore, when your car shows damage it is BETTER for you as some of the energy from the accident is absorbed by the car. Either way, it’s advisable to seek medical care after an accident.
4. The FOUR (4) Phases of a Whiplash Injury: There are four phases that occur during whiplash: Initial position (before the collision), retraction, extension and rebound.
Initial position has no external force on the neck.
The retraction phase is when the whiplash occurs. There is a sudden and extreme loading on the soft tissues.
During extension, the head and neck become extended, and are only limited by the head restraint.
The rebound phase occurs as a result of the aforementioned phases. The spine forms an S-Shaped curve caused by the flexion in the upper neck and hyper-extension at the lower cervical spine. This flexion and hyper-extension exceeds physiological limits and is where the injuries occur to the lower cervical spine. Most of the injuries happen at the C-5 and C-6 vertebral levels. Ligament injuries in whiplash may lead to cervical instability.
5. Soft tissue damage CAN be proven on X-Ray: X-rays are primarily used to rule out a fracture. They are often deemed normal as radiologists do not often report on the subtle findings of the x-ray that may support the presence of a soft tissue injury. Chiropractors, however, take a much closer look at alignment and curvature angles. We measure the angle formed between the vertebrae and the amount of translation or slip that occurs to determine if there is a loss of ligament control or stretch which results in excessive motion. This can result in future problems and instability.
We Are Doctors Working On Liens for Whiplash Pain Caused By Car Accidents
Elite Sports Medicine chiropractors are doctors on liens which means that we treat your whiplash pain from a car accident without charging you any out-of-pocket fees.