Shoulder pain is an extremely common complaint heard by Elite Sports Medicine – Woodland Hills chiropractors. To provide shoulder pain relief, we integrate chiropractic, physiotherapy, nutrition, and exercise physiology – a holistic approach that serves our patients well in the short- and long-term.
There are many common causes of shoulder pain. If you have shoulder pain, some common causes include:
- Bursitis – Bursitis is inflammation of the bursa.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis – Rotator cuff tendonitis is inflammation of the tendons of the rotator cuff.
- Rotator Cuff Tear – A rotator cuff tears occur when the tendons of the rotator cuff separate from the attachment point on the bone.
- Frozen Shoulder – Frozen shoulder is also referred to as “adhesive capsuliitis,” and is a common condition that leads to stiffness of the joint and an inability to raise the arm above the head.
- Calcific Tendonitis – Calcific tendonitis is a condition where calcium deposits are found in a tendon, most commonly within the rotator cuff tendons.
- Shoulder Instability – Shoulder instability is a problem that causes a loose shoulder joint. Shoulder instability can be caused by a traumatic injury (shoulder dislocation) or may be a condition that develops over time.
- Shoulder Dislocation – A shoulder dislocation is an injury that occurs when the humerus bone becomes disconnected from the scapula.
- Shoulder Separation – A shoulder separation, also referred to as an AC separation, is the result of a disruption of the acromioclavicular joint. A shoulder separation is a very different injury than a shoulder dislocation!
- Labral Tear – A labral tear is a tear in the cartilage cap that sits on the scapula. There are several types of labral tears.
- SLAP Lesion – The SLAP lesion is a type of labral tear. The most common cause is a fall onto an outstretched hand.
When to Seek Shoulder Pain Relief
When do you need to see Elite Sports Medicine, Woodland Hills Chiropractors, to provide shoulder pain relief? As an example, when some of the following signs appear:
- Difficulty carrying or lifting objects.
- Injury that causes a change in appearance of the shoulder joint.
- Shoulder Pain that occurs at night or while resting.
- Shoulder Pain that persists beyond a few days.
- Inability to perform normal range of shoulder motion.
- Swelling or bruising around the shoulder joint.
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth.
- Any other unusual symptoms.
How Your Woodland Hills Chiropractor Can Provide Shoulder Pain Relief
As holistic practitioners, you can rely on Elite Sports Medicine to treat your shoulder pain and to relieve it employing chiropractic care, physiotherapy, nutrition, and exercise physiology.
We, as experienced Woodland Hills chiropractors, place the focus on the body as a whole rather than just focusing on your shoulder separately. By examining your lifestyle, daily activities, diet and exercise we are able to not only identify the symptoms, but also the causes of your shoulder pain. This integrated approach helps determine the best and quickest shoulder pain treatment protocol for you.
Our Woodland Hills chiropractors are uniquely qualified to restore the health of your joints, muscles, nerves and connective tissues. Chiropractic techniques focused on your extremities may relieve the pressure that is causing your shoulder pain. After locating the misaligned joint in your body, we manually apply gentle pressure and reposition the joint to its proper joint mechanics. These chiropractic adjustments can help restore alignment, improve shoulder mobility, relieve shoulder stiffness and provide sustainable shoulder pain relief.
Oftentimes, as with low back pain relief, neck pain relief, elbow pain relief, foot pain relief, and numbness and tingling in the arms and legs, we apply varied therapeutic modalities to areas causing the shoulder pain in conjunction with the chiropractic adjustment. These may include moist heat, ice packs, electro-therapy, ultrasound, massage, traction, stretching and strengthening exercises.