Low Back pain is one of the top two (2) reasons that people seek out Woodland Hills chiropractic care. Elite Sports Medicine in Woodland Hills is uniquely qualified to provide low back pain relief.
There are many causes of low back pain. If you have low back pain, some common causes include:
- Whiplash– Whiplash is a hyper-flexion / hyper-extension injury often resulting in damage to the connective tissues of the lower back. Whiplash is usually associated with motor vehicle accidents.
- Herniated Disc – A herniated disc is a bulge in the disc material between vertebral segments, resulting in an increase in pressure in the spinal and/or lateral canal of the lower back.
- Pinched Nerve – A pinched nerve is a non-specific back condition in which one or more nerves is not working properly. A pinched nerve is often referred to as SCIATICA.
- Myofascitis – Myofascitis refers to low back pain originating from muscles that are in spasm.
- Low Back Strain – A low back strain refers to pain in the tendon of a low back muscle that typically results from an over stretching or over use of the back muscle.
- Arthritis (spondylosis) – Arthritis in the low back is a term referring to the degeneration of the joints of the back resulting in a decrease of space between the vertebra and neural canal.
- Posture – Repetitive postures, hunching forward, and falling asleep on sofas and chairs cause back pain.
- Stress – Stress can position the human body in such a way that a great amount of weight is placed on just one or two muscles.
When to Seek Low Back Pain Relief
When do you need to see Elite Sports Medicine, Woodland Hills Chiropractors, to provide low back pain relief? Some signs that you should be seen by a chiropractor include:
- Difficulty carrying or lifting objects.
- Injury that causes a change in your appearance, i.e., tilt or inability to stand erect.
- Low back pain that occurs at night or while resting.
- Low back pain that persists beyond a few days.
- Inability to perform normal range of back motion.
- Swelling or bruising around the low back.
- Signs of an infection, including fever, redness, warmth.
- Any other unusual symptoms.
How Your Woodland Hills Chiropractor Can Provide Low Back Pain Relief
As holistic practitioners, we place the focus on the body as a whole rather than focusing on your low back pain alone. By examining your lifestyle, daily activities, diet and exercise we are able to not only identify the symptoms causing your low back pain discomfort, but also the causes of your low back pain. This integrated approach helps determine the best and quickest treatment protocol.
We, as a uniquely qualified Woodland Hills chiropractor, are uniquely qualified to restore the health of your joints, muscles, nerves and connective tissues. Chiropractic techniques focused on your low back may relieve the pressure that is causing your low back pain. After locating the misaligned joint in your neck, we manually apply gentle pressure and reposition the joint to its proper joint mechanics. These adjustments can help restore alignment, improve mobility, and relieve low back pain pain, swelling and stiffness.
Oftentimes we apply a variety of therapeutic modalities in conjunction with the chiropractic adjustment. To provide low back pain relief, these treatments may include moist heat, ice packs, electro-therapy, ultrasound, massage, traction, stretching and strengthening exercises.